The Ginot HaIr Community Council currently operates a Hebrew website. Here you will be able to find basic information about the Community Council. Many of our activities are suitable for English speakers or people with limited Hebrew. The Ginot HaIr News Letter is fully translated into English.
If you have questions please contact us at 02-5664144 ext 0
Information in English on some of our programs:
The Ginot HaIr Community Council serves 50,000 residents form the German Colony, Greek Colony, Rehavia, Talbiya, Katamon, Yemin Moshe, Kiryat Shmuel and Nayot neighborhoods. The community council works towards shaping a pluralistic community in Jerusalem building its programs around imparting values of responsibility and involvement in all parts of the community. The Community Council is a place of vibrant activity, culture and community that serves the residents of the nearby neighborhoods as well as all residents of Jerusalem through its branches Beit Yehudit (the new ICCY), 38 USSISHKIN as well as various programs and festivals that take place all over the community.
Ginot Ha'Ir Community Council Vision
1. The Community Council will express the involvement, partnership, responsibility, and community leadership of the residents of Ginot Ha'Ir and will be the main leveraging organization for the existence of a lively, active and involved civil society.
2. The Community Council will operate and manage a wide system of high quality, equal and accessible leisure, social, cultural, educational services in accordance with the vision and needs of the community and in coordination and partnership with the municipality.
3. The Community Council will work to nurture the area of Ginot Ha'Ir's neighborhoods as a core urban area that is essential and sustainable. The community council will ensure quality of life and high maintenance for Ginot Ha'Ir's neighborhoods, preserving the historic character and unique nature of the area, advancing sustainability, community gardening and "City Green" as a platform to promote quality of life and community.
4. The Community Council will nurture "community activity and organization" as a principal value and will cultivate a culture of involved community responsibility for weaker populations. The community council will work to strengthen communities in Ginot Ha'Ir's neighborhoods to provide for and answer their unique needs, and to promote shared community spaces.
5. The Community Council will work to create and cultivate a diverse cultural and community space for all the communities operating in the area and to strengthen the pluralistic character of Ginot Ha'Ir.
6. The Community Council will work to strengthen its neighborhoods, the core urban neighborhoods, as an attractive place for families, especially young families as a high priority community and city interest. Leading urban and community renewal processes that will allow the absorption of another 1000 young families to the area. The community council will work to strengthen and promote educational, community and public infrastructure as a necessary component of this.
The Office is Open Sunday - Thursday between 08:30 18:00
We are happy to help with any issue! 02-5664144 ext. 0
Dear residents, you are invited to contact the council's team, we are happy to help with any issue, for general inquires please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shaike El-Ami - Director of the Community Council email@example.com
Yifat Afik - Manager Beit Yehudit, Deputy Director Community Council firstname.lastname@example.org
Kineret Kahana Manager of Community Programs Kineret@ginothair.org.il
Itzik Addas - Urban Planner Itzik@ginothair.org.il
Alex Astrinxki - Director the Center for Social Initative & Youth Activisim in Jerusalem Alex@ginothair.org.il
Tomer Dado - Caretaker email@example.com
Shoshy Yehie - Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Tehila Cohen - Community Gardens Coordinator Tehila@ginothair.org.il
Oded Gvaram Community Worker Oded@ginothair.org.il
Asnat Bavly Manager of Ginot Ha'Ir Goes Green Asnat@ginothair.org.il
Aliza Malul - Seniors Coordinator and Oshishkin Manager email@example.com
Tamar Klein Manager of Cultural Events firstname.lastname@example.org
Mirit Remez - Accounting email@example.com
Talya Shlezinger - Absorbtion Coordinator 02-5458116, 054-6650189, firstname.lastname@example.org
Natali Tadmor - Pickholtz, Young Families Program Coordinator email@example.com